10 Jul 2015 ● Telugu ● 2 hrs 39 mins
Rating: U/A (India)
Release Dates: 10 Jul 2015 (India)
Tagline: The beginning
Telugu Name: బాహుబలి
Only one simple word explains it all-An EPIC. Like Mahabhaaratha and Raamayana epics which stand tall in Hindu epic stories, Baahubali stands as tallest one among all Indian movies in almost all aspects. As a close observer of film making I can imagine how much struggle that Baahubali team has faced to create this epic and hats off to them. They have to imagine each shot with VFX and has to shoot accordingly-which needs pure intelligence and patience. And they succeeded because I understood and felt each and every shot as an EPIC. As a tollywood lover I followed all updates of this movie from past three years which made me to write this big review by giving time to it.
Some simple things which I wanna share are-
1. I'm very proud that our telugu movie has shown the world that entertainment in India means not only bollywood but there is tollywood also. Once Sr. NTR does that and again Rajamouli doing that. Rajamouli should never stop doing direct telugu movies even though he does a hollywood or bollywood project in future.
2. After 20 years, My father ( Cinema goer during Sr. NTR times) and mom saw a movie in theater with out anybody's force but with true anxiety and love towards Baahubali. Thanks to Rajamouli for making this happen. I think this simple thing is enough to know what is "Baahubali".
Coming to Movie-The beginning part-My Last Movie this Year in India as I'm leaving to US for My MS- Its the greatest gift I got from Rajamouli. Some remarks even though I rate it as 10/10 are:
1. *************** When Amarendra Baahubali jumps into valley to catch some person by throwing rope to Bhalla,,the travel after catching and before catching that person doesn't seems like true,,it clearly says it as unfinished CG work there and all surrounding valley locations are not finished well and It should have been better.
2. *************** As a song for listening 'Manohari' song is superb number but I dint expected that as Item song and that Item song choreography disturbed the mood of movie even though there are some innovative steps but I and whole theater felt disturbed from that song. As Bhalla hasn't fully turned into villain upto that song, putting some dance steps for him in that song wont go wrong I think and it would have covered the bore in that song if you had shown two dancing handsome hunks Prabhas and Rana in same frame for at least some seconds by sending Rana for finding that required person after some dancing.
3. *************** During war, after the start of "Thrishuula Tantram" or something method which was announced by kattappa in the movie, Prabhas suddenly comes in his horse with his soldiers after looking to flag which indicates to start that method where I felt like continuity is missing after previous shot because there are no signs to his soldiers and from where he got horses suddenly. It would have been better if director has kept that shot after showing from top angle how that method is being started since they showed its implementation style in previous scenes where they plan for war with proto type toys.
These are what I observed after watching the movie two times on July 10th itself and I beg pardon if there are any spoilers and wrong points.
I'm very happy that finally Rana Daggubati got craze all over India with this movie and got identification all over world because almost every telugu guy who meets me will end the conversation by saying like "You are looking like Rana. Both of your physical and facial features are almost same. Do you have any direct relation with their family? Both of your spectacles design are also same man. So, we can send you for Baahubali shooting". But Seriously speaking,, WE ARE STUNNED AFTER SEEING BHALLALADEVA's acting as we saw him doing this much of performance for first time because we all already know the capacities of all legend actors in this movie. All The Best and Congrats Team BAAHUBALI. We want more EPICs.
------------- Pavan Kumar Kata
సినిమా చాలా గొప్పగుంది అని చాలా మంది పొగుడుతారు ఎలాగు మీరు ఆ ప్రశంసలు అందుకొంటున్నారు అందుకొంటారు అయితే నేను మీకు కొన్ని చిన్న చిన్న తప్పులు ఉన్నాయని చెప్పధలుచుకొన్నాను గమనించగలరు .................
పచబొట్టు పాటలో ఒక సీన్ లో తమన్నా భుజం మీద ఒకసారి పచబొట్టు కనిపించలేదు తర్వాత సీన్ లో మల్లి కనిపించింది గమనించగలరు.........................
భల్లాలదేవుడు దున్న తో పోరాడే సన్నివేశం లో ఇంకాస్త గ్రాఫిక్ వర్క్ చేయాల్సింది సన్నివేశం గొప్పగా ఉంది కానీ దున్న గ్రాఫిక్ అనే విషయం తేలికగా తెలిసిపోతుంది గమనించగలరు ..............
సినిమా లో భల్లాలదెవుని విగ్రహం నిలపెట్టేతప్పుడు విగ్రహం పడిపోతుండగా శివుడు వచ్చి విగ్రహం పడిపోకుండా తాడు ని పట్టుకుని పడిపోకుండా ఆపుతాడు వందల మంది పట్టుకొని ఆపితే ఆగని విగ్రహం శివుడు ఒక్కడు ఎలా ఆపగలిగాడు?
అదే సీన్ లో శివుడు పట్టుకున్న తాడు నుంచి మరో వ్యక్తి పట్టుకొన్న కొన వరకు తాడు అంత బలంగా లేదు, విగ్రహాన్ని లాగుతున్నప్పుడు శివుడు పట్టుకొన్న తాడు చాల టైట్ గా ఉండాల్సింది గమనించగలరు...........................
దేవసేన ని తప్పించిన తర్వాత వర్షం పడిన తర్వాత మేకప్ కి అంతకు ముందు బందీగా ఉన్నప్పుడు ఉన్న మేకప్ కి చాల తేడాలు ఉన్నాయి. గమనించగలరు
యుద్ధ సన్నివేశాల్లో భల్లాలదెవుని రథం చాలా గొప్పగా రూపొందించారు చాలా బాగుంది
బాహుబలి డేరా లతో ఎటాక్ చేసే సన్నివేశం కూడా చాలా బాగుంది
బాహుబలి 2 వ భాగం కోసం వెయిట్ చేస్తున్నాము...........
First of all, i would like to thank Mr.S.S.Rajamouli for such a wonderful movie. His passion, dedication and commitment towards the movie had graded INDIAN CINEMA at remarkable standards.
I liked the way you chose the start cast for the roles in your movies. Same is with BAHUBALI.
But, i have few concerns and i hope Mr.Rajamouli would consider them on a positive note:
1. SIVAGAMI -- She is the heart and soul of "The beginning" I am spellbound at her performance. Ferocious, Elegant, Graceful.
2. Prabhas -- Nothing to point out at his physique - outrageous. He needs to improve dialogue delivery. He should have taken proper care in the diction. His inspiration speech at the war was not at all impressive. During the flashback at the introduction scene of BAHUBALI and BHALLALADEVA, Prabhas will tell Rana that he would appoint Rana as his Senadhipathi. This dialogue ended as if prabhas is overconfident on himself being the King.
3. Rana -- He is good at his dialogue delivery. His character should have been portrayed more cruelly. Maybe second half would have more shades from him.
4. Sathyaraj -- Kattappa is another powerful role. He is flawless. Absolutely flawless.
5. Anushka -- Makeup is very natural. Waiting for her full fledged performance in the second part.
6. Nasser -- Nothing to say much, he met the expectations. Like Rana, his character would have more shades in the second part.
7. Tamannah -- She too met expectations.
On the whole, a breathtaking performance by Ramya Krishna, Extrordinary Visuals, War episode, Stature of Prabhas, have become the success point of "The Beginning".
My review was just to share my thoughts with you Mr. Rajamouli. Not to criticize you. Also, my heartful wishes to each and every person who was involved in the making of BAHUBALI.